green credentialsThis is an extremely rewarding and exciting time for home owners who want to make their homes more comfortable and energy efficient. The incentives for you to “go green” in your new construction or remodel are not only financial but also include the added benefits of living in a more comfortable, healthier home and lessening your impact on the growing carbon emissions and climate problems of the world. Green building presents unique challenges and exciting opportunities and we at J M Evans Construction, Inc. have trained staff to help you with your every concern.
Santa Fe has recently enacted one of the most stringent Green Building Codes in the US. At JM Evans Construction, Inc. we have staff who understand both the challenges presented and new techniques required to implement these codes. During new construction and remodels, our energy analysts will perform a full analysis of your home, focusing on energy efficiency, indoor air quality and other mandated green benchmarks, to ensure that your home will meet or exceed the new codes. Our on-site staff are Certified Green Building Professionals and have intensively studied both the Santa Fe Green Building code and the NAHB (National Association of Home Builders) Green Building Standard..
Although it is commonly perceived that building green is more expensive, it has been our experience that careful attention to detail in the planning and construction of a home will more than pay you back both financially and comfort-wise in a very short time. New Mexico also has generous tax incentives for green building.
Our Green Credentials:
JM Evans Construction has trained staff in the following certifications and courses:
- NAHB (National Association of Home Builders) Green Building Professional Certifications
- HERS(Home Energy Rating System) home energy rater on staff
- BPI (Building Performance Institute) Building Analyst on staff
- Green Building Codes and Policies studies (Santa Fe Green Building Code and NAHB Green Building Standard)
- Qualified Thermographer specializing in IR building science
- NAHB (National Association of Home Builders) Green Verifier
- Pressure Diagnostics
- Energy Efficiency